Saturday, August 15, 2009

5:15

Good news: The intensivist here at Methodist is still checking everything, but thinks Marie is definately on the right track and might be released out of the ICU to a regular room here as early as tomorrow. He's not sure we needed to come here in the first place -- I think the intensivist at Memorial Hermann was a bit overcautious. At first I was a little ticked, but then I thought --What a relief -- I'd much rather hear that than "Boy, you made it here just in time." Cleary family, take note: He thinks the family has a genetic coagulation predisposition -- in other words, clots come eassy and stay long. He thinks she'll need to be on Coumadin (blood thinner) for the rest of her life.

So -- things look good. But we still have more assessment to go -- and still lots of pain and two very swollen upper legs to deal with. But perhaps the crisis is nearly over, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment